Fighting For Justice For Abuse Victims Statewide
- Personal Injury
- Employment Harassment and Discrimination
- Health Care Professional Sexual Abuse, Neglect, and Malpractice
Shawn's practice focuses on personal injury, employment harassment and discrimination, and health care professional sexual abuse, neglect, and malpractice. He specializes in cases involving sexual abuse and catastrophic mental and emotional damages. His unique background and experience enables him to communicate to judges and juries complicated emotional damages in simple and persuasive language.
Shawn received his undergraduate degree in Economics from U.C. Santa Cruz and his Juris Doctorate degree from Golden Gate University Law School. Shawn is also a former Canadian Barrister and Solicitor and Partner at Winer, Burritt & Tillis. He is licensed to practice in California and the Federal Northern and Eastern Districts of California.
Shawn worked as a judicial extern law clerk for U.S. District Court Judge Saundra Brown Armstrong. He is the recipient of the 2001 Just the Beginning Foundation Conference/Judge Cecil F. Poole Award and a Diana Richmond Scholar. In 2016, he was awarded the 2016 Minority Bar Coalition's Unity Award.
Shawn is the former President of the Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association (ACCTLA) and is an Executive Committee Board Member of the First District Appellate Project (FDAP).
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: California Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law
- Honors: CALI Award in Judicial Decisions Making
- U.C. Santa Cruz
- Major: Economics
- California, 2003
- Just the Beginning Foundation Conference Award
- Diana Richmond Scholar
- Minority Bar Coalition's Unity Award, 2016
- Featured in The Bar Association of San Francisco’s Fall 2017 San Francisco Attorney magazine
- Winer, McKenna & Burritt, LLP, Associate, 2003 to 2006
- Canadian Barrister and Solicitor, Vancouver, B.C., 2007 to 2009
- Winer, McKenna and Burritt LLP, Senior Associate, 2009 to 2018
- Winer, Burritt, and Tillis, Partner, 2018 to 2020
- The State Bar of California, Member